Timisoara is one of the most beautiful cities of the Banat region and of Romania. Here are some of the landmarks that we suggest you to visit while you enjoy your stay at Oxford Hotel:
- Victoriei Square (also known as Operei Square), the central square of Timisoara, set at the beginning of XXth century, where the old citadel was built. This is the place where, on December 20th 1989, Timisoara was declared the first romanian city free of communism.
- The Three Hierarchs Metropolitan Cathedral, located in the Operei Square, is the biggest religious edifice from Banat region, which combines the Byzantine style and the Moldavian style. In the basement, it exists an impressive collection of old traditional ecclesiastical art and a valuable collection of icons.
- The Unirii Square is the oldest square of Timisoara and a nice place to walk in the Summer and also in the Winter.
- The Baroque Palace, which currently accomodates The Art Museum, is one of the city’s most important constructions, built to serve as the governor residence.
- Huniazilor’s Castle, near to Victoriei Square, is the oldest edifice in the city, built in the XVth century, as a knighthood residence. Currently, it accomodates the Banat Region Museum.